These instructions help you configure your Cisco UCME / BE4000 / UC500 to work with TIM Plus. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with the configuration of your PBX.
Connection TypeTIM Plus captures SysLog packets from this PBX.
Support FilesCisco UCME - SysLog.TDT
Cisco UCME - SysLog.TDS
Required TasksConfigure Cisco AXL sync
Configure UCME to send SysLog events
Configure TIM Plus to capture SysLog packets
Configuring Cisco AXL sync
Follow the steps below to configure TIM Plus to perform directory synchronisation with your Cisco UCME:
- Click on the tab.
- Choose the site you want to configure and click .
- In the Site Properties window, select the tab.
- Tick the option entitled Synchronise with the following device .
- In the Host field, enter the IP address of your UCME.
- In the Port field, enter the port number of the IOS service, e.g. 23 .
- In the Username field, enter the username of the IOS login that can perform synchronisation.
- Click on the button and enter the password of the IOS login that can perform synchronisation.
- Click on the button to apply the changes.
Configuring UCME to send SysLog events
Use Telnet to connect to the IP address of your UCME as shown below:
Once connected, enter the following commands to enable the UCME to send SysLog events to TIM Plus:
|1||enable||Causes the UCME to enter EXEC mode. Type your EXEC password if requested|
|2||conf t||Enters the global configuration mode|
|3||aaa new-model||Enables aaa accounting mode|
|aaa accounting connection h323 start-stop group SysLog|
|4||logging 192.168.0.1||Specifies the IP address of TIM Plus's SysLog server, to which CDR data will be sent, e.g. 192.168.0.1|
|5||end||Exits configuration mode|
Configuring TIM Plus to capture SysLog packets
Follow the steps below to configure TIM Plus to receive SysLog data from your Cisco UCME:
- Click on the tab.
- Choose the site you want to configure and click
- In the Site Properties window, select Cisco UCME - SysLog from the PBX model drop-down list.
- In the Connection method field, select SysLog connection from the drop-down list.
- In the Client IP field, enter the IP address of the UCME.
- Click on the button to apply the settings.