These instructions help you configure your SwyxWare phone system to work with TIM Plus. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with the configuration of your PBX.
Connection TypeTIM Plus establishes a DSN connection with this PBX.
Support FilesSWYX V8.TDT
Required TasksConfigure the SMDR output
Configure the DSN connection
Configure TIM Plus
Configuring your SMDR output
By default, the Swyx telephone system writes its CDR data to a MSSQL database. In order for TIM Enterprise to connect to the database and collect the call logging data, you need to create a username and password in the MSSQL database on the Swyx server. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with this procedure.
The following information is required for TIM Enterprise to connect to the Swyx database:
- IP address or hostname of the Swyx server where the MSSQL database resides.
- Username and Password of the Swyx database.
The default credentials for the Swyx database are shown below:
Setting up a DSN connection
To enable TIM Plus to work with your Skype for Business phone system, you first need to set up a DSN connection by following the steps below:
Open Windows Control Panel and select theicon
Double-click on the ODBC Data Source Administrator window.icon to open the
For a 64 bit system, access the ODBC Data Source Administrator from the following location C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
- Click on the tab.
- Click on the button.
- Select SQL Native Client from the driver list and click .
- In the Name field, enter swyx.
- In the Description field, enter TIM Plus link to swyx.
- In the Server field, enter the IP address or hostname of your Swyx server.
- In the Username field, enter the username for your Swyx database.
- In the Password field, enter the password for your Swyx database.
- In the Database drop-down list, select swyx.
- Click on the button to confirm the information you entered is correct and that the connection is successful.
- Click on the button to close the window.
Configuring TIM Plus
Once the DSN connection has been set up, log in to TIM Plus and perform the steps below:
- Click on the tab.
- Choose the site you want to configure and click
- In the Site Properties window, select SWYX V8 from the PBX model drop-down list.
- In the Connection method field, select Connect to a system DSN from the drop-down list.
- In the DSN name field, select swyx from the drop-down list.
- In the Frequency field, enter 5.
- In the DB script field, select SWYX V8 from the drop-down list.
- Click on the button to apply the settings.