These instructions help you configure your ShoreTel phone system to work with TIM Plus. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with the configuration of your PBX.
Connection TypeTIM Plus establishes a DSN connection with this PBX.
Required TasksConfigure the SMDR output
Set up a DSN connection
Configure TIM Plus
Configuring your SMDR output
By default, the ShoreTel phone system writes its CDR data to a MySQL database called ShoreWareCDR. In order for TIM Plus to connect to the database and collect the call logging data, you need to create a username and password in the MySQL database on the ShoreWare Server. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with this procedure.
The following information is required for TIM Plus to connect to the Shoretel ShoreWareCDR database:
- IP address or hostname of the ShoreWare Server where the MySQL database resides.
- Username and Password of the ShoreWareCDR database.
The default credentials for the ShoreWareCDR database are shown below:
Setting up a DSN connection
To enable TIM Plus to work with your ShoreTel phone system, you first need to set up a DSN connection by following the steps below:
- Open Windows Control Panel and select the icon
Double-click on the ODBC Data Source Administrator windowicon to open the
For a 64 bit system, access the ODBC Data Source Administrator from the following location C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
- Click on the tab
- Click on the button
- Select MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver from the driver list and click . If you cannot see the MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver option in the drop-down list, you can download it from http://www.mysql.com
- In the Name field, enter shoretel
- In the Description field, enter TIM Plus link to ShoreTel
- In the Server field, enter the IP address or hostname of your ShoreWare Server
- In the Username field, enter the username for your ShoreWareCDR database
- In the Password field, enter the password for your ShoreWareCDR database
- In the Database drop-down list, select ShoreWareCDR
- Click on the button to confirm the information you entered is correct and that the connection is successful
- Click on the
An example of an ODBC entry is shown below:
Configuring TIM Plus
Once the DSN connection has been set up, log in to TIM Plus and perform the steps below:
- Click on the tab.
- Choose the site you want to configure and click
- In the Site Properties window, select ShoreTel from the PBX model drop-down list.
- In the Connection method field, select Connect to a system DSN from the drop-down list.
- In the DSN name field, select ShoreTel from the drop-down list.
- In the Frequency field, enter 5.
- In the DB script field, select ShoreTel from the drop-down list.
- Click on the