These instructions help you configure your BT Versatility to work with TIM Plus. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with the configuration of your PBX.
Connection TypeTIM Plus establishes a serial connection with this PBX.
Support FilesBT Versatility.TDT
Required TasksConfigure the SMDR output
Configure TIM Plus
Configuring your SMDR output
The BT Versatility outputs its SMDR data via a serial port. The default communication parameters for this serial connection are:
- Speed – 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400 or 115200 bps;
- Data - 8 bits;
- Parity - None.
The phone system has an in-built buffer to store the last 500 call records in case the receiving equipment becomes disconnected. This buffered data can be set to output to the serial port during system programming. An X-ON/X-OFF signal can be enabled to allow the Versatility to detect if a compatible device is receiving its SMDR data successfully. The Versatility can also be set to output SMDR data using restricted call logging, whereby the last four digits of any dialled number is masked out.
Follow the instructions below to configure your BT Versatility for use with TIM Plus:
Configuring TIM Plus
Once NetPBX is configured and collecting data, log in to TIM Plus and follow the steps below:
- Click on the tab.
- Choose the site you want to configure and click
- In the Site Properties window, select BT Versatility from the PBX model drop-down list.
- In the Connection method field, select No connection required from the drop-down list.
- Click on the button to apply the settings.