These instructions help you configure your Avaya Norstar to work with TIM Plus. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with the configuration of your PBX.
Connection TypeTIM Plus establishes a serial connection with this PBX.
Support FilesAvaya BCM.TDT
Required TasksConfigure the SMDR output
Configure TIM Plus
To obtain the Avaya Norstar.TDT and Avaya Norstar.TDS support files, contact our Technical Support team.
Configuring your SMDR output
Follow the steps below to configure your Avaya Norstar to output SMDR data to TIM Plus. You must perform these operations from a system programming phone:
- On your programming phone, press the key, followed by to access the CLI menu.
- Press Printer settings showing the baud rate that the data is sent at. To change this value, select and choose a new baud rate. to display the
- Press Format settings. Ensure this is set to Norstar. to display the
- Press Report settings. Ensure this is set to All. to show
- Press the button to complete the programming steps.
The Avaya Norstar phone system sends SMDR information via a serial connection to the computer running TIM Plus. To collect serial data, you first need to install the NetPBX software. For setup instructions, click on the link below:
Configuring TIM Plus
Once NetPBX is configured and collecting data, log in to TIM Plus and perform the following steps:
- Click on the tab.
- Choose the site you want to configure and click
- In the Site Properties window, select Avaya BCM from the PBX model drop-down list.
- In the Connection method field, select No connection required from the drop-down list.
- Click on the