These instructions help you configure your Avaya IP Office up to v5 phone system to work with TIM Plus. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with the configuration of your PBX.
Connection TypeTIM Plus establishes a TCP connection to this PBX.
Support FilesAvaya IP Office.TDT
Avaya IP Office.TDS
Required TasksConfigure the SMDR output
Configure Avaya Delta Server
Configure TIM Plus
Configuring your SMDR output
The Avaya IP Office version 5 or lower uses the Avaya Delta Server software to configure the SMDR output. If you don't have a copy of the Avaya Delta Server, you should be able to get this from your Avaya Administration CD; otherwise, contact your system maintainer to obtain a copy.
The Avaya Delta Server is known to be compatible with older versions of the Avaya IP Office as far back as v3.x.
Configuring Avaya Delta Server
Ensure the CCC Delta Server service is started, then follow the instructions below to configure the Avaya Delta Server to work with TIM Plus:
- On the computer running Delta Server, open a web browser and navigate to: http://127.0.0.1:8080.
- Ensure that Delta Server is connected to your Avaya IP Office by verifying that Comms Status is displaying Comms Restored. Alternatively, select the option from the left-hand side menu and click on the button. When the system finds your Avaya IP Office unit, select it from the Connection drop-down list and click .
- When connected, click on the
option from the left-hand menu and configure each of the fields on the SMDR screen, as shown below:
- Click on the button for the changes to take effect.
Configuring TIM Plus
Follow the steps below to configure TIM Plus to collect the SMDR data from the Delta Server::
- Log in to TIM Plus and click on the tab.
- Choose the site you want to configure and click .
- In the Site Properties window, select Avaya IP Office from the PBX model drop-down list.
- In the Connection method field, select Actively connect to PBX from the drop-down list.
- In the Host field, enter the IP address of the Avaya Delta Server.
- In the Port field, enter 8082.
- Leave the Username and Password fields blank.
- In the Connection script field, select Avaya IP Office from the drop-down list.
- Click on the button to apply the settings.