These instructions help you configure your Avaya INDeX phone system to work with TIM Plus. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with the configuration of your PBX.
Connection TypeTIM Plus establishes a serial connection with this PBX.
Support FilesAvaya INDeX v7.TDT
Avaya INDeX v7.TDS
Required TasksConfigure the SMDR output
Configure TIM Plus
Configuring your SMDR output
To configure the SMDR output from your Avaya INDeX, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Avaya INDeX through a terminal.
- Select option 1 for Reports.
- Select option 2 for Set up SMDR.
- Configure the SMDR options as shown below:
- Press the Reports menu. key to return to the
- Select option 5 for Start Logs/DECT.
- Use the arrows keys to select the port you intend to use for the SMDR output.
- Enable the SMDR and Event or SMDR option, depending on the version of your PBX.
The Avaya INDeX phone system sends SMDR information via a serial connection. To collect the data from the serial port and send it to TIM Plus, you first need to install the NetPBX software. For setup instructions, click on the link below:
Configuring TIM Plus
Once NetPBX is configured and collecting data, log in to TIM Plus and perform the steps below:
- Click on the tab.
- Choose the site you want to configure and click .
- In the Site Properties window, select Avaya INDeX v7 from the PBX model drop-down list.
- In the Connection method field, select No connection required from the drop-down list.
- Click on the button to apply the settings.