These instructions help you configure your Alcatel OmniPCX Enterprise phone system to work with TIM Plus. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with the configuration of your PBX.
Connection TypeTIM Plus establishes a serial connection with this PBX.
Support FilesAlcatel OmniPCX Enterprise.TDT
Alcatel OmniPCX Enterprise.TDS
Required TasksConfigure the SMDR output
Configure TIM Plus
Configuring your SMDR output
Before enabling the SMDR output, you will need to speak with your phone maintainer to buy the required licenses for your Alcatel phone system.
Follow the instructions below to configure the SMDR output via a serial connection. These instructions are taken from the Alcatel OmniPCX Enterprise manual:
Using Telnet, connect to the IP address of your Alcatel OmniPCX Enterprise and follow the steps below:
- Applications ( )
- Accounting ( )
- Review/Modify ( )
- All Instance ( )
- Realtime ticket Output: Set this to ethernet. Note that if you don't have an appropriate license, you may only select V24 (serial) here.
- Save changes and exit.
Below is an example of the data output from an Alcatel OmniPCX Enterprise:
Configuring TIM Plus
Once NetPBX is configured and collecting data, log in to TIM Plus and perform the following steps:
- Click on the tab.
- Choose the site you want to configure and click .
- In the Site Properties window, select Alcatel OmniPCX Enterprise from the PBX model drop-down list.
- In the Connection method field, select No connection required from the drop-down list.
- Click on the button to apply the settings.