These instructions help you configure your Alcatel OmniPCX Office phone system to work with TIM Plus. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with the configuration of your PBX.
<a id="Configure the SMDR output"></a>
Configuring your SMDR output
Before enabling the SMDR output, you will need to speak with your phone maintainer to buy the required licenses for your Alcatel phone system.
Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Office Communication Server supports two types of call metering:
- V24 metering supports V24 printing for all call metering tickets
To set printing options for call metering tickets, follow the steps below:
- Open the function window in the OMC console and select the tab.
- Select the metering type from the drop-down list: Ext. Accounting Activation V24.
- Click to save the settings.
The table below presents a summary of the data output from an Alcatel:
<a id="Install NetPBX"></a>
If your Alcatel OmniPCX Office has been configured to send SMDR data via a serial connection, you first need to install the NetPBX software to collect the data from the serial port and send it to TIM Plus. For setup instructions, click on the link below:
Install and configure NetPBX
<a id="Configure TIM Plus"></a>
Configuring TIM Plus
Once NetPBX is configured and collecting data, log in to TIM Plus and perform the following steps:
- Click on the tab.
- Choose the site you want to configure and click .
- In the Site Properties window, select Alcatel OmniPCX Office from the PBX model drop-down list.
- In the Connection method field, select No connection required from the drop-down list.
- Click on the button to apply the settings.