These instructions help you configure your Avaya IP Office/ IP 500 v6+ phone system to work with TIM Enterprise. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with the configuration of your PBX.
Connection TypeTIM Enterprise establishes a TCP connection to this PBX.
Support FilesAvaya IP Office 6+.TDT
Avaya IP Office 6+.TDS
Required TasksConfigure the SMDR output
Configure TIM Plus
Configuring your SMDR output
The Avaya IP Office / IP 500 can be configured to accept an incoming TCP connection, in order to output its SMDR data. Using the Avaya IP Office Manager application, perform the following steps to configure the SMDR output:
- Log in to your Avaya IP Office unit using the Avaya IP Office Manager.
- Click on from the left-hand menu and select your Avaya IP Office unit.
- On the right-hand side, click on the tab.
- From the Output drop-down menu, select SMDR only. The SMDR section will now become active at the bottom of the page.
- In the IP Address field, enter 0.0.0.0.
In the TCP Port field, enter the port number that you want your SMDR data to be sent to. You can use any free TCP port, but we would recommend one in the 9000 range.
In the Records to Buffer option, increase the value to the maximum available.
Check the Call Splitting for Diverts option.
- Click on the button, then save and merge the configuration for the settings to take effect.
Here is an example of the SMDR screen and how it should be configured:
Configuring TIM Enterprise
Follow the steps below to configure TIM Enterprise to collect the SMDR data from your Avaya IP Office:
- Click on the tab.
- Locate the PBX object you want to configure in the Directory, right-click on it and select Properties.
- A new window will open, displaying the general properties of your PBX object. Select Avaya IP Office v6 from the Data format list and tick the Keep a local backup of data box, as shown below:
- Click on the Establish TCP connection to PBX from the Connection method list. tab and select
- In the Host field, enter the IP address of your Avaya IP Office.
- In the Port field, enter the port number configured in the telephone system.
- Leave the Username and Password fields blank.
- In the IP script field, select Avaya IP Office from the drop-down list.
- Click on the
button to apply the settings.