These instructions help you configure your Avaya IP Office v6+ / IP500 phone system to work with TIM Plus. Contact your system maintainer if you are not familiar with the configuration of your PBX.
Connection TypeTIM Plus establishes a TCP connection to this PBX.
Support FilesAvaya IP Office 6+.TDT
Avaya IP Office 6+.TDS
Required TasksConfigure the SMDR output
Configure TIM Plus
Configuring your SMDR output
The Avaya IP Office can be configured to accept an incoming TCP connection, in order to output its SMDR data. Using the Avaya IP Office Manager application, perform the following steps to enable the output:
- Log in to your Avaya IP Office unit using the Avaya IP Office Manager.
- Click on from the left-hand menu and select your Avaya IP Office unit.
- On the right-hand side, click on the tab.
- From the Output drop-down menu, select SMDR only. The SMDR section will now become active at the bottom of the page.
- In the IP Address field, enter 0.0.0.0.
In the TCP Port field, enter the port number that you want your SMDR data to be sent to. You can use any free TCP port, but we would recommend one in the 9000 range.
In the Records to Buffer option, increase the value to the maximum available.
Check the Call Splitting for Diverts option.
- Click on the button, then save and merge the configuration for the settings to take effect.
Here is an example of the SMDR screen and how it should be configured:
Configuring TIM Plus
Follow the steps below to configure TIM Plus to collect SMDR data from your Avaya IP Office / IP500:
- Click on the tab.
- Choose the site you want to configure and click
- In the Site Properties window, select Avaya IP Office v6+ / IP500 from the PBX model drop-down list.
- In the Connection method field, select Actively connect to PBX from the drop-down list.
- In the Host field, enter the IP address of your Avaya IP Office.
- In the Port field, enter the port number configured in the phone system.
- Leave the Username and Password fields blank.
- In the Connection script field, select Avaya IP Office from the drop-down list.
- Click on the button to apply the settings.